• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Diving Romania

Discussion in 'Central and Eastern Europe' started by Fifimc, Mar 24, 2016.

1. Fifimc

Fifimc Garibaldi

# of Dives: 5,000 - ∞

Hi, thanks for all the info you seem to know a lot about diving here, do you know if there are any clubs or groups in Bucharest that go diving in different places at the weekends? I heard there was a dive club in Bucharest but I can't seem to find them any more!

2. vixtor

vixtor Solo Diver

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    Unfortunately here diving is not so much about "clubs" as I heard it is in UK. Normally you would go diving with some dive center, and you will start to know people who are frequent customers over there. You might start having a common schedule with them (like gathering together enough people interested in some specific wreck which is normally not very visited because of distance or whatever reason), and so on.

If you go frequently enough, it will feel almost like a dive club in the end. Just lacking any formal organization whatsoever.

3. Fedaykin

Fedaykin Divemaster

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    If you come a little bir further to Istanbul-Turkey you are welcome to join our club :) We will be going to Ayvalik on 15 and 16th and to Kas on 29 and 30th of this month. As winter is coming we will slow down after this events. Only a few dive events will take place during winter but between May and October we dive nearly all weekends.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2016
  4. cirruss

cirruss Angel Fish

# of Dives: 0 - 24
    Does anyone know of a BSAC or more likely PADI dive instructor based in Bucharest, preferably English speaking?

5. Sbiriguda

Sbiriguda Manta Ray

# of Dives: 25 - 49
    Thank you very much vixtor, very interesting info I didn't know about
    Are all the most important dives close to Constanța on the Black Sea? Would you suggest Constanța as a base for a diving trip to Rumania or are there any other relevant spots close to other towns?
    Thanks