Diving shorts w/pockets or strap on thigh pocket?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One guy on our team has the Apeks. He likes them, but he said to get the Chinese knock-offs because of the cost. However, given the numerous bad reviews for those, I think he probably said that simply to be nice to save me money. A different guy on the team has the IST holster. He loves them.

I've been 'hmm'ing' and 'haww'ing' over what to do. I need storage. I've gone BP/W now, and I bought the Highland glue on pockets initially. But, I've not glued them on. Debating whether I really want to do that or just purchase the Halycon pockets for the waist webbing.

What I like about my Apeks shorts is that I use them with my 5mm, 3mm and with just a long sleeve top when the weather warms up. If I glued pockets, then I would not have the flexibility that I now have. I like my Apeks shorts, and I would buy them again when they wear out.

Best, GJS

After looking at the options mentioned, I went with XS scuba glue on pockets. I put them where I wanted them and I have them on each suit. Cheaper too.

I don't have the flexibility that Skulmoski mentions though. But I rarely dive without a suit so either one I grab has a pocket. And one less thing to pack.

After looking at the options mentioned, I went with XS scuba glue on pockets. I put them where I wanted them and I have them on each suit. Cheaper too.

I don't have the flexibility that Skulmoski mentions though. But I rarely dive without a suit so either one I grab has a pocket. And one less thing to pack.

MUCH prefer the glue on pockets. :)

I use the strap on pockets, work great. Adjust to any size wetsuit or none at all, worked great for my recently attained solo cert and for around $50 you cant beat them
upload_2019-9-6_8-17-31.png

I don't know. But gluing on the pockets is best if you're not somebody who wants a new wet suit every other year.

I don't know, but I often see people carrying used (glued) pockets to be put on other wetsuits. Maybe there are special solvents.

Back
Top Bottom