Diving sites in Brazil

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello,

Going to be in Brazil for 5/6 weeks in March/April coming up and I want to do some scuba diving (I have PADI advanced and about 60ish dives experience). Hoping someone can give some advice on interesting dive sites to go/avoid as the coastline is massive.

My budget isn't going to allow me to get to Fernando de Noronha, Abrohos or Sao Pedro+Sao Paulo islands which are the best ones from what I've read.

I will be going along the coast and spending time in Sao Paulo, Paraty, Ilha Grande, Río, Bahía (Salvador/Recife/Porto de Gilinhas) and would be looking to do at least 1 days diving. I've read that Bahia is good for wreck diving.

Have people experience diving around these places? Any particular dive sites you'd recommend?

I dived with
Aquáticos centro de mergulho em Recife
In Recife. The wrecks were interesting.

Also dived in Paraty and Ihla Grande. Tried to do the wreck in Ihla Grande but it was raining too hard to see the marks and they didn't have GPS. The reefs were alright in both places, though nothing special

Thanks for getting back to me, very helpful!

Yeah, from I've read I'm not expecting reefs that are going to blow me away close to mainland coast so was thinking some wrecks around Recife will be best. Can you remember which wrecks sites you dived?
I dived with
Aquáticos centro de mergulho em Recife
In Recife. The wrecks were interesting.

Also dived in Paraty and Ihla Grande. Tried to do the wreck in Ihla Grande but it was raining too hard to see the marks and they didn't have GPS. The reefs were alright in both places, though nothing special

Hello,

I will be going along the coast and spending time in Sao Paulo, Paraty, Ilha Grande, Río, Bahía (Salvador/Recife/Porto de Gilinhas) and would be looking to do at least 1 days diving. I've read that Bahia is good for wreck diving.

Hello

1 - Cities with diving available in São Paulo state:
Santos (laje de Santos) - Good diving, rough sea, sometimes get cancelled (my experience 3 dives)
Ubatuba - good diving (my experience: 2 dives)
Ilhabela - good to poor diving (as I was told since I never dived there)

2 - Paraty, Ilha Grande
They are in the same area, but Ilha Grande is better. The place where i dived more, and I always say that it never let me down.

3- Rio
I´d go north to Cabo Frio, Arraial do Cabo or Buzios. The best dives I´ve done in Brazil were in Arraial do Cabo. But it is a mess to go through and get the boat

4- Recife
Famous for wrecks, sometimes big current, and my experience there is none

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom