Diving Stuart Cove's Nassau Bahamas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just got back from a two week vacation in the Bahamas dove 18 times with Stuarts Cove have no complaints once they figure out your dive experience and capabilities they let you choose either to follow the DM or go on your own, max depth we dove was 131 ft and max time was 61 minutes with lots of wrecks, Sharks, Walls and reefs. I mention the depth and time as we were led to believe most of the dives were 40 to 60 ft and 30 minutes which of course turned out not to be true. Their boats, dive briefing's and safety procedures were second to none and I have dove with many ops down south.

Only complaint was the weather, not that great windy so of course rough seas not a good thing when you are prone to sea sickness.

Last edited:
Great thread, folks! Alot of good info. I'd appreciate more if anyone has anything else to add.
I'd been trying to decide whether to use SC or BD (never been to Bahamas before), and I believe we'll be diving with SC's. I'd read more about them than an other shop on the islands, and more good than bad. I'm not in the best shape anymore, but I'm working on it. I'm not the first one to reach 1/2 tank, but I'm not one of the last either. So I'm not bothered by shallower dives. I can appreciate the colors of the reef as well as the "big stuff".
From what I've gathered by reading this thread, we'd have a better "diving experience" by going in the afternoon....less of a rush and possibly less crowded. I may have to mention to my fellow divers on the boat that the faster we get in on the first dive, the more time we'll have on the second. We'll be staying at the Wyndham Nassau Resort. Does anyone know where this resort is on the bus route? I would hate to be the first ones on and last off.
I'm trying to talk my wife (new diver with about 15 dives) into doing the shark feed dive. She's definitely interested, but hesitant. I've sent her the link to this thread so she can read about some of your experiences. If the 62 yr old mother can do it, I'm sure she'd be okay. :D
If anyone has just come back from there, or has been there in the summer, feel free to PM me or post here with your suggestions. We'll only be there for five days, and I'd like to do at least two dives with them....hoping for more....but at least two.

Wyndham is on the route. Geographically about half way. Position in terms of "stops" totally depends on who's commin and where they're stayin.

My 10 yr old nephew went from floods of tears to eventually do the Shark encounter/feed and ended up loving it. He was Sooooo sure we were trying to kill him in the first instance tho. It does take a little time to get your head round it first time out.

Good luck!

I was with a group which spent four days with Stuart's Cove last May and had a very good time, except for the photographer who kept kicking up the reef(and we dealt with that!). The shop has been going there for 10 years, though, and we had our own boat and divemaster(Berry the captain and Vivian the DM, both great people). Things looked more chaotic for the people just showing up to dive for the day.

My Husband and I are trying to plan an affordable trip to the bahamas again. We loved it. The villa we stay in has kitchen, two bedrooms plus a LR with a futon. We wan take another couple OR three singles, OR a couple and a single. The price for lodging would be about 600 a person for a Saturday to Saturday stay. We can all chip in for food since there is a full kitchen available. The villa is right on the beach, and gets a free ride to Stuart Coves and back after diving. There are two pools as well. We will probably try a one day trip to Exumas during the week (you dont have to go). Security is good, and people are friendly. We are looking at a late April/ Early May time frame. Anyone interested please get in touch with us theresa "at" junipermeadow.com (use the @ when emailing)

I just got back and dove with Stuart's Cove on April 14. My brother and I did the AM and PM dives (two dives with each trip). The weather (wind and seas) picked up a little bit on the second PM dive, but all four dives were great.

The water temp was 73 degrees F for all the dives, I dove dry and it was a great decision. My brother dove with a 5mm and after the second AM dive was shaking from the cold. I had him use my undergarment from my dry suit (after the dive) and that warmed him back up. He is very skinny (no fat for insulation) so he was a more sensitive to the water temp. I never had a problem with the dry suit and 200g undergarment, it was nice and comfortable from the first to the fourth dive. At first people wondered what I was wearing (a lot of new divers who did not know much about dry suits), but at the end they were asking questions about the dry suit and the DM agreed it was a good idea. It made my trip of diving a good experience.

Got some great pictures and I was impressed with the folks at Stuart's Cove, they did a good job.

Ted

Dove with Stuart Cove last April and am leaving Monday (26 of June) to dive with them again..Talked my brother into going this trip also....have had nothing but good experiences with them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom