Diving Technique Exercises

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Couch

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I've been lurking on this board for years, I enjoy reading it but never had much interest in posting until this Covid-19 thing disturbed my Wa. I live in a desert, but my boat is on the east coast of Florida with my main dive gear. I have a back-up set here (old but working) and a swimming pool. I was wondering, what useful Scuba stuff can you do in swimming pools? Perfecting your hovering gets old fast, manipulating a camera is somewhat limited...I once took a class in which the instructor threw a bunch of PVC pipe in a pool and told use to build a house online with it, using the pipes and connectors. That was sort of interesting, because you had to work out something reasonably complicated without touching either the bottom or the surface. Any other ideas out there?

How about the old "toss everything except suit & weights" to the pool bottom, swim down & put it on. I suppose you could try it with eyes closed as well.

Back
Top Bottom