Diving Thailand in October: Koh Tao "Gulf" or Phuket "Andaman Sea"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FrankPro1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Have a trip planned to Thailand for October 10th-22nd. I want to spend 3-5 days scuba diving / kayaking / snorkeling. My partner coming with is not certified and I want her to have as plenty of opportunities to enjoy the water as I do scuba diving. What would be the best option given my dates? I've heard that the South West can get pretty wet that time of year and many spots "such as the Similan islands" are still closed. While the Gulf has better weather but not as great diving. Also considering Bali for that time period or any of the other countries in that area. Any help, advice and tips would be much appreciated!

October is a month of changing weather anywhere in Thailand, impossible to predict.

Similans will open from the 15th on, but will still be hit and miss, and I would not recommend any daytrips that time of year. I think the 2 of you would be much better of with a daytrip to Racha Noi and Racha Yai, where you both can do your own thing, and take it from there depending on conditions.

On Koh Tao we have a good weather almost all the time. Right now is very nice and sunny morning. It's a low season but it's still awesome diving spots. It wasn't raining for 10 days, and even if it's only few minutes... Now it's good time to come on this beautiful tropical island if you are looking for nice weather and nice diving.

14407856_1192431457494953_751576173_o.jpg

-----------------
Savicky.pro - Your Diving Instructor in Thailand

Without question the Andaman Coast offers by far the best diving Thailand has to offer year round.
Personally I do not like KT, and apart from a handfull of sites the diving is not that great either. KT offers without question the cheapest diving in Thailand, but quite often it entails overcrowded boats, in short you get what you pay for.

Back
Top Bottom