Diving the Comal River in New Braunfels, Texas?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Laredo Scuba Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anyone interested in going diving to the Comal River in New Braunfels, Texas. I will be there around 12:00 noon, Sunday, May 27.

Rene,
Dive Master
Laredo, Texas
:scubadiver:

This is on my dive list but won't be able to make it.

I love diving the Comal, have about 20 dives there. If anyone is planning on doing a drift dive in the Comal (usually from Prince Solms Park down to exit, 2+ hours and tube chutes!) and needs a buddy, I may join. I do classes on the weekends (DM), but they've slowed way down after summer. You want to check the flow rate first, and you want about 300-500 cfs.

Some friends and myself are ( scuba family) going here in March.
I was wondering if there are any nearby shops to refill tanks ?

The two "closest" shops that I know are The Dive Shop in San Marcos and Duggan Dives in Universal City.

It also depends where you're staying. I haven't been to The Dive Shop in San Marcos, because I live close enough to bring my own. I do like Duggan Dives.

My wife, daughter, and I are planning to do this dive on the afternoon of Sunday, July 9th, 2023. Anyone interested in joining us?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom