Diving The Palos Verdes Peninsula

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you, and everyone else for all the nice compliments. I had written enough for 36 sites and for the past several months have been trying to get wide angle shots from them. I couldn't just fill the book with nudibranchs and say they were from the missing sites. Most of the other sites are deep shipwrecks. Each time I dived them I had two feet or less visibility. It was getting really frustrating. There was a thread a couple months ago on Scubaboard about writing books. It made me feel that I had to hurry or someone else would beat me to the punch. I've been waiting for more than two decades for somebody to put out a P.V. guide.
It may be another year or two..or three before I'm able to get decent shots from the UB88, Caissons, Jenny Lynne and other sites, so I decided to include only the sites within recreational depths for now. There are, of course more than 25 sites to dive in Palos Verdes and I hope to not only learn more about them, but to share them with others.

Be looking forward to it. I sympathize with the fear of getting beat on a specialty subject. There's going to be an enthusiastic but limited market for books on specific dive sites and one doesn't want to be the guy who writes the "second" book...

Thank you, and everyone else for all the nice compliments. I had written enough for 36 sites and for the past several months have been trying to get wide angle shots from them. I couldn't just fill the book with nudibranchs and say they were from the missing sites. Most of the other sites are deep shipwrecks. Each time I dived them I had two feet or less visibility. It was getting really frustrating. There was a thread a couple months ago on Scubaboard about writing books. It made me feel that I had to hurry or someone else would beat me to the punch. I've been waiting for more than two decades for somebody to put out a P.V. guide.
It may be another year or two..or three before I'm able to get decent shots from the UB88, Caissons, Jenny Lynne and other sites, so I decided to include only the sites within recreational depths for now. There are, of course more than 25 sites to dive in Palos Verdes and I hope to not only learn more about them, but to share them with others.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom