Diving the St. Pete.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rhondajc18:
Hi, Brian.
Just call Dwight and see what he's up to. He keeps pretty odd hours. It's 585 248 0910.

He said the 13th works and we should either meet at his house in Penfield, probably about 7 (I'll double check that with him.) His address is 2922 Atlantic Ave. (I can give you directions if you need.) Or we can meet him at Hughes Marina in Pultneyville, probably around 8. (I'll have to look up the directions for that one.)

Woohoo!

Rhonda

Rhonda,

It will be Derek looking at getting fills. My current plans have me staying in the Rochester area (I have to PM my host again for the address, but thanks for volunteering to put me up and dinner is on me Saturday night for my host.) Friday night.

I think that two 130's on my back with an O2 bottle should be sufficient for what we have planned, LOL.

Brian

diverbrian:
Rhonda,

It will be Derek looking at getting fills. My current plans have me staying in the Rochester area (I have to PM my host again for the address, but thanks for volunteering to put me up and dinner is on me Saturday night for my host.) Friday night.

I think that two 130's on my back with an O2 bottle should be sufficient for what we have planned, LOL.

Brian

Sorry about that, Derek!
My bad.

No problem Rhonda. I just don't like to have to drive all the way to Depew when I need a fill.

Well, it seems as though the fates have conspired against me. To make a long story short, Sat the 13th is the day before my son's birthday, and that is the day we're going to have the party. So, as much as I would love do dive the St. Pete with you all, I must bow out.

I was thinking that it would all work out, but alas, it didnt. :11:

Derek S:
.................[snip]...............................

Well, it seems as though the fates have conspired against me. To make a long story short, Sat the 13th is the day before my son's birthday, and that is the day we're going to have the party. So, as much as I would love do dive the St. Pete with you all, I must bow out.

I was thinking that it would all work out, but alas, it didnt. :11:

Bummer!! :11:

Tavi:
Bummer!! :11:

Tell me about it. Nobody is more disappointed than I am, but I can't say no to my soon to be 8 year old.

Derek S:
Tell me about it. Nobody is more disappointed than I am, but I can't say no to my soon to be 8 year old.

Well here is wishing your boy a very happy birthday!! :bday:

Tavi:
Well here is wishing your boy a very happy birthday!! :bday:

Yes, happy birthday to the young one!

I was out on the Pete yesterday (Sunday). It was a great dive, however, the thermocline was at about 40 feet and it dropped from 76 to about 53 and was 40 at the bottom. BRRRR! (Doesn't mean it'll be that way on the 13th, of course, just a heads up.)

But the viz was outstanding--at least 100 feet and crystal clear.

For those of you who have done the Pete before, the marking bouy is gone so the dive boats have to anchor. Apparently someone, (who knows who) caught the starboard railing because it's laying on the deck now.

Rhonda

rhondajc18:
Yes, happy birthday to the young one!

I was out on the Pete yesterday (Sunday). It was a great dive, however, the thermocline was at about 40 feet and it dropped from 76 to about 53 and was 40 at the bottom. BRRRR! (Doesn't mean it'll be that way on the 13th, of course, just a heads up.)

But the viz was outstanding--at least 100 feet and crystal clear.

For those of you who have done the Pete before, the marking bouy is gone so the dive boats have to anchor. Apparently someone, (who knows who) caught the starboard railing because it's laying on the deck now.

Rhonda

Rhonda, Rick, Heather, and rest of LED.

If you find a thick line and a buoy, I would volunteer to re-bouy it. I hate to hear about railings being taken off of wooden wrecks by dive boats trying to anchor into it.

As much as I'm interested and have tired, I will not be able to pull this off. I'll be going back to work on the 4th after nearly a year on leave. Thus I won't be able to get any time off to make the drive any more feasible. Hopefully another time!

Here's to everyone else having a fun and safe dive.

Paula

Just an update: Saw Dwight this weekend. I'm meeting him at his house at 7am saturday. Rick, he said he could probably met you at Tops (someplace) so you won't have to dive all the way to Penfield. I'll email him (or maybe Rhonda knows which Tops) and get more details for ya.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom