Diving the Tilly Foster Mine

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I understand that explicit permission must be given by the owners to dive here. Does anyone know how to contact whoever the owners are? Is there a dive club affiliated with this site that might be contacted?

I assume you know about the recent history there? A good man passed away diving Tilly - I am not sure the owners are too keen to allow diving the mine.
I have not explicitly asked but I would imagine there will be hesitation to a new set of divers.
I have friends that dove there that day - it is still raw - I am not sure you are going to get any help diving there.

Good luck.

I know about a death 18 months ago, was there another? Is anyone diving it? Among those in the community there must be a realization that this can happen; there have been deaths at Gilboa, yet it is a popular dive site, same for Dutch Springs, etc. I don't want to seem, and I am NOT uncaring, I just want a challenging, interesting site to dive and having a death there doesn't rule out diving for me. I am just looking to see if the owners are amenable to continued diving, or if there are others who may have the ability to perhaps add my dive buddy and I to a 'list' of permitted divers....and this board is all about helping divers dive....opinions?

Dan Wright is the person you need to contact about this. He has ruined his reputation in the Florida cave diving community by getting a couple of our caves closed to diving, so don't expect too much help from most divers in the know about this.

Thanks for the info. It didn't take long (one phone call) to find someone who knows the story of Dan Wright. I think "approach with caution" says it best. Maybe "don't approach" is better. I still hope to someday dive Tilly Foster.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom