Diving this Saturday, February 13, 2015 @ 2 P.M.: Spring Mill Pond?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tmassey

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello!

In an effort to make a scuba dive happen, I'm drawing a line in the sand: I'm diving this Saturday at 2 P.M. Who wants to join me?

I'm flexible on the location, but I might as well start by picking a location for others to reject, at least: Spring Mill Pond, Island Lake Recreation Area, near Brighton, MI. For those that haven't dove here before, it's a spring-fed inland lake in the middle of a state park. There are a couple of platforms and a few things to discover, connected by lines. As inland lakes go, the vis is not bad. Depth is 35 feet or so. This is a very basic dive. As of Friday I was told that the lake was not frozen, but I have not personally seen it: I live an hour away. The beach is very well maintained and easily accessible. There are bathrooms during the summer, but I believe that they are winterized in the fall, so probably not available to us at this time.

If there's support for another location, I'm very open to a change if others would prefer and will come! :) The goal is not necessarily the most exciting dive, but an opportunity to get that scuba gear wet this mild, pleasant winter. I'm up for an ice dive if there is enough support (and ice) as well, but at this point I just want to try to get in the water, and I hope that others do too! If there is a groundswell of support I could get behind an Ohio quarry trip, but I'd have to come later (probably nearer 3 P.M.).

I'm going to cross-post this on the GLWC Facebook page. If you're interested, please reply and we can see if we can work out some details.

Happy Wednesday! If you're starting to make plans for the weekend, keep diving in mind. There are two definites so far, so it will be on!

And the weekend is upon us! Want to dive? Meet us at Spring mill pond at 2 PM on Saturday! If you're planning on coming, post so that we know you're coming in case of any last-minute changes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom