Diving trip to Andaman Islands.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't think any website from a few diveoperators has more authority than that of some others.
I agree, but my point is that it's a question of attribution. It is less than honest to publish directly-quoted information that a person has not authored him/herself without citing the source of the information. It not only correctly identifies the actual author, but also gives readers the opportunity to evaluate the source of the information themselves and decide to what extent they trust that source.

I agree, but my point is that it's a question of attribution. It is less than honest to publish directly-quoted information that a person has not authored him/herself without citing the source of the information. It not only correctly identifies the actual author, but also gives readers the opportunity to evaluate the source of the information themselves and decide to what extent they trust that source.
I was not reacting to you but to Phuket diver, who quotes a website from a few dive operators as an authority.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom