Diving Under Krakatau

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

treb

Registered
Reaction score
Never a dull moment in Indonesia.

Attachments

• 25501-0.JPG
    25501-0.JPG
    103.7 KB · Views: 2,330
It's just a matter of time before the surface of the water turns to rock. Wouldn't that be a surprise returning from depth?

What an experience. I envy you. I think we could use some of that Lava generated heat over here :D.....I might be able to stall the purchase of my drysuit then and go on another trip insteaad :thumb:

Hey Steve, Great to see a fellow Canadian on SB. Perhaps you'll consider joining the Canadian Divers social group.

We have a group? I'll send you a PM so we do not hijack treb's thread too badly :wink:.

hey~ does it really explode during the shots? or just smokey?

Very cook photo, thanks for sharing.......

It's erupting about every hour at the moment and you can sometimes see rocks the size of fridges falling into the water. The eruption in the photo happened just as we surfaced so the height of the plume is maybe 20 to 30 seconds after the eruption.
I will post a link to Picasa with more shots from our trip there 2 weeks ago for anyone interested.

Steve, I used to live in Tasmania and was getting to a stage where I thought I was old enough to need a dry suit, but then I was offered a position in Indonesia. It was far cheaper to buy the 1mm wet suit needed here, mainly to stop the stingers. Lifes tough :)

that is cool!!!!!!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom