Diving vs. Posting About Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I work a project driven schedule 9-12 hours per day, some weeks straight thru Mon to Sun; some periods Mon-Sun for two to four weeks continuously. Whenever lull in production comes around near the end of the Quarter, I'll take a one to three week dive trip vacation to some warm water tropical idyll (and blow all the overtime money I just earned:D ).

So yeah . . .I'm an Internet Diver and post more than I dive --and damn proud of it!

I once saw a signature that read "Less BS, more BT".. I've tried to adhere to that, but seeing as I'm five hours from any salt water, I have to get my quick fix... and this is it!

... but sometimes cyber diving leads to real diving. One of the biggest benefits to a place like ScubaBoard is getting to dive with people I'd otherwise never have met.... Bob (Grateful Diver)

So true. I only knew warm water, meters, Celsius, bars, didn't know the meaning of trim or DAN, and didn't know one US diver for the first 2 years and 100 dives. Kept running off on extended trips to SE Asia and had no idea that I was right next to some amazing diving.

Really, my entire cold water scuba adventure, including my entire gear selection, an excellent training path, a huge local circle of scuba friends/excellent mentors, and friends across the country and world grew out of Scubaboard. Thanks to cyber diving I been diving with SB friends up and down the Cali coast, in the Philippines, Florida and Seattle. With invites to so many more locations!

And ahhh Bob, without cyber diving I would have never met and gone hunting for Lumpsuckers with you in Seattle :)! That was fun :D!

We need to rebrand it: it is not posting on the internet, it is eDiving.

Up here in the Northeast, the dive season is going to start soon and I'm already booked on my first trip in May.

In Sweden they have a saying: "there is no such thing as bad weather, just the wrong clothes."

Attachments

• Scuba-Horse.jpg
    Scuba-Horse.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 30
Horsing around, huh?

Well, jiminny crickets, with an avatar like that, who wouldn't ask you to go diving with them?

I don't know; her avatar doesn't do that much for me. But I still went diving with her :)

I suppose I could go diving more than I do, but I get in close to 200 dives a year. But as time has gone on, I've gotten lazier . . . when it's in the low 40's outside, raining, and the wind is blowing, I'd rather type.

Back
Top Bottom