Diving vs. Posting About Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As much as I'd like I can't dive 24/7 so this is a chance to learn and share in the off times.

I know I never turned down a dive opportunity to stay home and participate in SubaBoard.

Pete

Number of posts to number of dives isn't really a very good metric anyway ... I can type dozens of posts in the same amount of time it takes to do one dive ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

What we need now is a way to get a 3G wireless connection underwater. That way we could post while diving and have the best of both worlds.

But I still went diving with her :)

And offered more e-diving support and advice throughout the last year than I could ever imagine :).

Meeting and diving with Lynne (who lives over a thousand mile away) was something that could have only happened through boards like Scubaboard.

Slipping into the water with Lynne in a set of her double cylinders--does it get much better :)!

when it's ... raining, and the wind is blowing, I'd rather type.

What? That's the best; the weather rinses your gear for you :p

(commentary from fresh water divers will be summarily ignored)

I post while I'm at work ... after work, I go diving.

Same here. I surf only at work when it's not busy. Otherwise, I'm not online.

Does anyone else feel a little sheepish about being in here talking about diving when we could be out there actually diving?

Personally, I've been chained by work -- and I love the conversations -- but I still feel a little like a :dork2: when I am typing instead of blowing bubbles.

Your comment could be harmful for many of us that love diving and we do not have the time, the money or live near a diving place.
The nearest diving place to where I live is something like 350 miles away and is a quarry with almost nothing to see + poor visibility.
Besides a dive trip for me involves a lot of logistics, time and money. Money comes from work and work is what I do most of the time.
You are lucky to live near a place with lots of diving ready places and you have the time and the money to dive every weekend.
Not all of us are so lucky.
Enjoy, but please, do not count money in from of poor people.

Yeah, and you know it's tough to rack up huge numbers of dives in some locales even if you live right on the ocean. When it's rare for mid summer temps. reaching 60F and you dive wet you pick your spots and times. Need a few days for the wetsuit to completely dry as well. Before 2008 we spent 3 winter months in FL and diving was a lot easier, and more diverse. But, as a DMC, I wish I could do dive after dive for more experience instead of one/two every week or two and posting about it. And I'm retired.

I suppose I could go diving more than I do, but I get in close to 200 dives a year. But as time has gone on, I've gotten lazier . . . when it's in the low 40's outside, raining, and the wind is blowing, I'd rather type.[/QUOTE]

Most of the time I agree with TS&M but every time I think about bagging it, I wonder is this the day I miss something special ? This past Saturday was mid 40's, raining and 25 - 30 mph wind. Easy to say no way and go back to sleep. I did go and sure enough these guys/gals/herms ? were out in abundance.

Pink Nudibranch  Tritonia Diomedea 1.jpg

Last edited:
I'm sure most would agree, big difference between those who dive and post and those who just post.

Good diving, Craig

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom