Diving watches

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Collage_20210307_211733.jpg
Hi guys! I'm new to this forum. The first divers watch I got was back in 1997 a year before I got certified. It was a Citizen Promaster NY0040-09E. From that day on, I fell in love with citizen. I have since bought two more citizen divers; Both Promaster Aqualands. The second Aqualand I just acquired this month and it's a beauty and it keeps excellent time. It didn't lose or gain a second since I got it beginning of the month.

It is not about wearing a Rolex. It is about having a Rolex Submariner as a diver. Is it worth it?
Is it worth it? Wow, what a bizarre question. It all depends how much disposable income you got. Is $200,000 Patek Philippe worth it? Is private jet worth its price?

Is it worth it? Wow, what a bizarre question. It all depends how much disposable income you got. Is $200,000 Patek Philippe worth it? Is private jet worth its price?
Well. I think that there is a huge difference between a 200k Philippe Patel, a private jet and a Rolex that you can buy for 6000$ or even less. A lot of people cannot afford diving because it is a resource hungry activity. Should we stop asking question about expensive equipment?

It is not about wearing a Rolex. It is about having a Rolex Submariner as a diver. Is it worth it?
Buy a rebreather, you can buy a good second hand one for the same price as a Rolex, or a new one for double.

A dive watch as a tool for diving is dumb.

For 2021... traditional watches are basically jewlelry.

I personally love traditional watches. Started with a Tag Formula 1 that is now 30 years old. Still have it. Have a few other Tags, a few Breitlings, and a Seiko SKX007 (GREAT entry level watch).

As far as the rolex subs go.... they are one of the classic watches out there for sure. I'd love one. Hoping it will be an anniversary gift some day...

A dive watch as a tool for diving is dumb..
Well, this is your point of view...
Personaly, almost all my single tank dives are done with a watch and a mechanical depht gauge. And yes I have computers, double tanks, rebreathers,...
I would even say that if you cannot manage a single tank dive without any computer, you might have to reconsider your knowledge of diving.
A bit extreme? Maybe but your comment also is:cheers:

No, I have to agree, Submariners are luxury watches, and primarily status symbols.

When I am on vacation I wear my Muehle-glasuette diver, I’ve always wanted a Doxa.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom