Diving while in Cancun

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Clammy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all,

I will be in Cancun for a week for a bachelor party and wedding in March. There will be a handful of divers there for the wedding, including the wedding couple, and I have been charged with figuring out some dives for everyone in the days following the wedding. Can anyone make dive shop recommendations and dive site recommendations accessible from Cancun, including the Cenotes, and boats that go out to Cozumel (if possible). I am also open to chartering a private boat as our group might be somewhere between a half dozen to 10 people. I personally want to get a cave/cavern in and at least one of my friends wants to do some marine park. Any recommendations would be great! Thanks!

Scuba Diving | Scorpio Divers | The Best Scuba Diving Operation Jorge and Ben run the show. Great guys.

I was in Cancun last year for a week. These guys are awesome. We did Cenotes, Whale shark snorkel, MUSA, a wreck in Puerto Mureles and some reefs. It was great stuff. The DM's were knowledgeable, helpful, safe and fun to be around.

My friend and I took a taxi to the ferry in Playa to dive Coz with Scuba Mau. If you do go on your own, make sure your gear is in wheeled bags. Take the bus from Cancun to Playa. Take the ferry to Coz. Take a cab to your dive op. Reverse the trip for coming back. The bus was a fraction of the cab right (I cant remember exactly how much but the cab was around $40 and the bus was around $5).

It was a lot of work and a lot of hustle but fun. Scorpio can get to you to Coz if you are interested in it but we wanted to do it our way. Most shops in Cancun can make the arrangements for you but its kind of expensive to go through them to dive Coz. But most likely infinitely easier from a logistical point of view.

I have had good luck with Scuba Cancun. They also do Cenote dives. FYI, I was cold in 3/2 full wetsuit doing the Cenotes.
Scuba Cancun: Home

I recommend Miguel Cachoa (divePro). He takes care of all our divers in Cancun. Http://www.scubadiveincancun.com

He has been diving in Cancun for ages now and is a fantastic instructor and all around stand up guy.

Hello, Clammy my name is Alvaro Gonzalez, I´m an scuba diving instructor, I´ve been teaching scuba diving and conducting groups of divers in this area of Mexico for over 32 years, I run AlwaysDiving which is located at Embarcadero Caribbean Carnival 6.5 km at the hotel zone of Cancun, we never take more than six divers per instructor at the time for ocean dives and four divers for cenote dives and if someone needs an special attention we provide it (No extra charge) I believe in make friends not customers, I´ll be more than glad to take care of you and your friends with your dives, we also provide all kind of activities in our facilities, such as parasailing, jungle tours, wave runners, snorkeling, etc.
Round trip transportation from your hotel is included in all our dive trips.
Take a look at Cancun Scuba Diving with Always Diving or check our videos in YouTube alwaysdiving - YouTube
Best regards from the paradise.

Scorpio Divers has always been good to me. Much more customized plan for your group than some of the other places. Free pick up as well.

+1 for Alvaro at Always Diving. We've dove quite a bit with him off Cancun, Cozumel, Playa and the Cenotes.
Recommend him to our friends all the time.

I would like to give a plug to Alvaro with Always diving...
Alvaro is a highly experienced diver who also happens to be a great guy. He is detail oriented and naturally goes the extra mile to make sure everything is just right. Alvaro took us to the Palancar reef where my wife completed her open water certification. I am an experienced diver and Alvaro was able to keep all of our dives quite interesting, and safe. In spite of Alvaro's excellent technical ability and knowledge I want to give him special consideration for helping my wife work through a bit of dive anxiety. I highly recommend him to any level diver. As Alvaro said at some point during our trip, "you come to Mexico for a vacation, and wind up making friends". This is certainly true with Alvaro and we can't wait to team up with him for our next dive.

Back
Top Bottom