Diving While on Cruise

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

First of all, it's too bad that this thread went far from what the OP, @Jaeger62 , was asking about. A thread is generally about helping an OP in their request in some way. Granted not every post is always helpful to me when I ask for information, or a question, myself, or when following a thread I am interested in, but sometimes there is a post and at times just one sentence in a post with a piece of info that does help. Like conversations between many people that get twisted, somehow the same thing happens in the threads on SB. This thread got twisted with things that were written and things not written.

I'm a little surprised that the thread didn't get split and a new thread started about the problems of cruise ships in general, pollution, Carnival, Cozumel cruise issues, or something else - as I have seen done with other threads.

With that said, here's an article from June 2019. It gives more detail about the pollutants, the fines, the cruise industry, what's being done by the cruise lines, etc...
Carnival Cruises to Pay $20 Million in Pollution and Cover-Up Case

See, I can still contribute to the madness of this thread even though it's off topic just like I can take a cruise even though I disagree with several things that have been done by cruise lines.

Walk off ship, go to Dive with Martin who is right there in cruise ship area at Puerta Maya.

Then come back and stay a week not on a cruise ship.

/end of thread.

:)

Walk off ship, go to Dive with Martin who is right there in cruise ship area at Puerta Maya.

/end of thread.

:)
Agree. Maybe 2 weeks.

I've heard good things about Dive with Martin -- however, they have special conditions for cruise passengers (either private boat for $500 or a stand-by reservation needing at least 4 divers to guarantee a dive): Frequently Asked Questions Section | Dive with Martin

Luckily, there are other dive ops that do work on cruise schdules.

I agree about staying a week!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom