Diving while pregnant??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:troll:
am i smelling zombies or easter eggs?

Maybe she had found out that she was pregnant, and was trying to find anything to bring peace to her soul? I'm only speculating, but resurrecting so many dive-pregnancy related threads, this is the only rationale I can find.

Kaza

hey I am here, no need to speak about me in the third question. So, Kaza, what is it about my attitude you don't understand? I really do not think you care, but my soul is in great peace, I sleep like a baby, because it is my believe that everything happens as it should. Zombies? Easter eggs? Well, I hope I ll get neither one of them, just a normal healthy baby. Also, i can understand that dive pregnancy related threads annoy you, because in all the other cases it is hobby divers that dont want to give up their favorite hobby, which I personally cannot understand. My situation is a bit different as I am a dive professional *yeah I know, I am breaking the rules*, and I dont feel good about diving while pregnant. But before telling work, I need my lawyers confirmation that I am protected even under local laws and without visa or work contract (believe it or not, but my lawyer says I am!!! / I just want it in writing) I want both- the work visa and the baby. I know I said I want the visa more, but obviously as the days go by and it s getting bigger etc I am not so sure about that anymore and looking into other ways to get to stay here, getting a visa by buying property, marrying someone etc.
I posted my situation on this board, because I hoped that someone might be able to help me and give good advice. Unfortunately that has not happened.
The scientific foundations of most contributors are ancient or wrong. / pressure has neg. effects on placenta/ lol/ babys have a higher risk of getting dcs is also wrong. A lot of people here should really research a bit better before posting something on this great information tool that is the world wide web and you guys from the board should somehow delete ancient post, if their contents are not valid anymore in the 21st century.

Also regarding me being a sexist. That is not true. However, men that want to not just share their opinions and point pregnant divers for instance in the right direction but who want to force their way on pregnant women and who talk as if it s their god given right to do so and pretend they know exactly what it s like to be in such and such situation (for instance abortion) make me sick. There is no other way to say this.

Congratulations to the father who stopped diving while his wife was pregnant. Now that is someone I can respect and admire and that is someone whose advice I want to listen to.

Jennie

aha, so whales might change their diving behavior when they re pregnant. So do I! Can I still dive, now? Actually I dont want to dive. Maybe I ll go find a forum about how to not have to dive and still get a work visa...

Jennie, we've all given you some good, solid advice. It's unfortunate that all you are looking for is confirmation that you're doing the right thing, which isn't going to happen.

At any rate, I wish you a healthy, undeformed baby....and I hope your situation works out for the best.

Hi all.

This is my first visit to this site and this is a really interesting and informative thread. Thanks to all of you.

I was interested to see a mention of freediving, which I would like to follow up on. Do the same issues arise in relation to freediving, or is it purely caused by breathing at depth?

Many thanks

I was interested to see a mention of freediving, which I would like to follow up on. Do the same issues arise in relation to freediving, or is it purely caused by breathing at depth?

Hi BadgerMatt,

The concerns are primarily related to breathing compressed gas at depth.

Regards,

DocVikingo

Back
Top Bottom