Diving with a beard and a necklace bungee secondary

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Whatever these guys say... keep the man mane. Mine is not that long, but I agree a hood might do the trick

Reactions: BB`
Sorry but just for clarification, what exactly does "advanced nitrox" mean? Seems rather basic to me.

use of mixes over 40%, typically combined with decompression procedures. Nothing new as far as use of nitrox, but goes over all of the cleaning requirements for high fO2 mixes

I used to clean hulls back in my early bearded days. All the critters would swim over and take up residence in the old ma-mane. I could feel them struggle and writhe as I exited the water. It was a pretty gross sensation... I made sure I had something to comb them out of my beard with... nothing at all to do with your question, I just like telling the story.

The beard is quite long.

I keep it in the 5-7 inch range.
I was going to mention that I use the same setup and never have the problem, but that's some serious growth you're sporting!

I'm not sure what they call them, but I've seen "hair nets" made to be worn over beards for people in the food service industry. You might see if you can adapt one of those, or rig something similar from a light synthetic cloth, pretty much like a neckerchief over the beard, just velcro'd around your neck to keep the whole thing contained and separate.

I used to clean hulls back in my early bearded days. All the critters would swim over and take up residence in the old ma-mane. I could feel them struggle and writhe as I exited the water. It was a pretty gross sensation... I made sure I had something to comb them out of my beard with... nothing at all to do with your question, I just like telling the story.

One of the biggest issue with diving I have is doing safety stop on night dives because it means my beard and ears become the only spot in the ocean those critters want to be.

Back
Top Bottom