Diving with a hookah. Decompression times

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just thought the discussion required actual figures.
My own first response way back included a sample of a do-able multi-level no-decompression dive with times since I figured the OP was mixing up his terminology and actually *didn't* mean *decompression stop* but instead *safety stop*. In the end I edited that stuff out because I didn't want him to actually try to dive the sample profile if he hadn't work it out for himself. I'm glad your "actual figures" are the kind that can't be done!

A really good example of the dangers of this sort of thing is in the BBC program Human Planet:Oceans, about the "Compressor divers" of the Philippines, it was shown here a week or so ago I don't know when (or if) it'll be shown anywhere else but catch it if you can, truly scary.
This was also an early thought I had. Where I live and work, hookah diving among the local sea gypsies is very common. These folks routinely get bent and suffer long-term damage. They just don't connect the dots to realize it's their diving profiles that's getting them sick. They seem to think it's just part of their way of life.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom