diving with a transmitter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LanceRiley

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
im using Scubapro mk17. It has a HP port on each side.

My left port is for my spg. Clipped to my left waist d ring

If I have the transmitter on the right of the mk17 on a short 6in hose. Will it be able to reach my teric on my left wrist? Or should I swap spg and transmitter positions?

I wold leave the spg on the left side to stay standardized and use a long hose and mimic the spg on the other side or have the short hose and have it route over teh right shoulder. I like the first idea better.

I wold leave the spg on the left side to stay standardized and use a long hose and mimic the spg on the other side or have the short hose and have it route over teh right shoulder. I like the first idea better.

Ok thanks for the input... will wear the dive comp on the right wrist... I think the transmitter on the shoulder is cleaner less hose. Spg remains on left hip

Hi @LanceRiley

I have dived a Scubapro MK25 with an SPG off the left HP port, a PPS transmitter directly attached to the right HP port, and an Oceanic VT3 on my left wrist for 9 years. I have never had a problem with connectivity. I have recently added a Teric on my right wrist off the same transmitter.

The Teric manual recommends wearing your computer on the same side as the transmitter, the VT3 manual makes no such recommendation.
upload_2019-6-25_9-49-45.png

Makes no difference. I have two Terics - one on each wrist and one transmitter. Works perfectly.

im using Scubapro mk17. It has a HP port on each side.

My left port is for my spg. Clipped to my left waist d ring

If I have the transmitter on the right of the mk17 on a short 6in hose. Will it be able to reach my teric on my left wrist? Or should I swap spg and transmitter positions?
image1.jpeg

@LanceRiley -
This is my SP setup. The Tx is on the right HP of my MK17 and I wear my Perdix AI on my left wrist. Assuming Teric has the range as the Perdix, then the setup you've proposed will be fine.

What you are proposing should work fine. My last trip had me diving doubles with the transmitter on a stubby hose between the tanks (so behind my head/neck/shoulders). No issues.

The above picture is a fine example....

View attachment 526165

@LanceRiley -
This is my SP setup. The Tx is on the right HP of my MK17 and I wear my Perdix AI on my left wrist. Assuming Teric has the range as the Perdix, then the setup you've proposed will be fine.

The 6in hose.... when geared up. Where does it lie.? On your shoulder? Or just hang from behind? Sorry but a bit of on free hanging stuff and banging around

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom