Diving with a vent tube in ear??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Okay, I have to say something here. First, the problem is getting water into the middle ear, not clearing the ear. .....The second is an ear-equalization dive mask which has ear cups attached to the mask band, and equalization tubes which go to the mask. Equalization in the ear cups occurs automatically as the diver equalizes the pressure in the mask.

IST Pro ear scuba diving divers mask - black Silicone - Pro Ear Mask - Compare Prices and Buy at PriceGrabber...
SeaRat
I forgot about these mask. Well stated and it might work.

I'm not a doctor (but I do play one at work all day:D) another problem with getting water inside the ear with a TM tube is extreme vertigo! try it some time if you want to be extremely dizzy just place 4-5 drops of ice water in your ear and watch the room spin! :rofl3: (it works for people with out TM tubes). But you could in theory dive with a regular type ear plug if you have tubes in your ears as long as you equlize the same as if you had no tube, the hole in the TM will allow the pressure to equalize between the TM and the plug. that problem is that you have no feeling in the ear plug so you will not have a sensation of squeeze or reverse squeeze untill there is a significant pressure gradiant and some damage may occur due to that lack of feeling of pressure. so overall I would have to agree that it probably isn't a good idea to dive with TM tube in

Back
Top Bottom