Diving with an aorta aneurysm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lynnemari

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi, My husband and I have been diving for years. Recently he has been diagnosed with an aorta aneurysm measuring 4.7cm. One cardiologist said he can dive , one said he can’t. However they both acknowledge they don’t know much about diving. We are looking for someone knowledgeable on this . We have plans to dive in the future but need to be more informed on this issue.
Thanks lynnemari

They repair it at 5.5 cm... usually .. and monitor it every six months... if there are changes , they may repair it sooner.

Hi Lynne Mari, I have a similar problem. Search “aortic aneurysm...end of the dive” on this forum. I had multiple conversations with some of the folks on this blog. I just had my annual scan and my aneurysm has not changed in 6 years, I was given the ok by my cardiologist and my cardiac surgeon . Booking a trip as we speak. Good luck!

I have that health condition, and dive as per my Cardiologist's ok. Don't push it, let others grab your gear, just like when you are at the gym, don't lift heavy, focus on higher reps and a lower rate. Curious to see what others think.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom