Trip Report Diving with Blue Nation in Loreto Mexico

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Blue Nation and Loreto have been on my radar for a while. One problem is that I would be traveling alone. I hope I'm able to dive there one of these days. The operation sounds very good

Once you get there and meet Monica and Yago (and the Fench guy who's name I can't think of) you won't be alone any more :)

@Esprise Me Both are open late and there a few convenience stores. For restaurants I did not have any problems finding a place open except Dec 24. By 7pm most places were either closed or not taking in new diners because their main Christmas celebration is at night on Christmas Eve. My usual breakfast place was not open until later at 10am Christmas Day instead of its usual 7:30am.

The first place we ate at is called Cesar's and it was full of gringos (mostly expats, I think) but turned out to be good. We chose it because it was open at around 2:00 pm. The place just to the East of it said they were going to be open for dinner. We also ate at Mi Loreto which had an interesting presentation for fajitas and serapes that you can wear if you get cold. I can't remember where we ate with Monica and Yago but it was good too. All-in-all we got a very good impression of the restaurants there.

@JamesBon92007 Mi Loreto was good, as was La Palapa, El Zopilote (Which has a microbrewery), Orlando's. El Caloron has ceviche served in cocktail style or on tostadas, a second floor view of the water but only Spanish menu which is easy to figure out.

@scubadada @Trailboss123 I was traveling alone too. Not a problem at all. The French DM's name is Tiger.

Does anyone have photos or video to share on what you can see in Loreto? I'm trying to find out how much overlap there is with Cabo Pulmo and CSL and how many temperate species might be present. There aren't a lot of photos on the dive ops' websites. Thanks.

Does anyone have photos or video to share on what you can see in Loreto? I'm trying to find out how much overlap there is with Cabo Pulmo and CSL and how many temperate species might be present. There aren't a lot of photos on the dive ops' websites. Thanks.

Have a look at their Facebook page. Lots of photos there. Blue Nation

Well it was a really nice surprise to see this review, and following thread. To all you that enjoyed your time with us in Loreto THANK YOU!!!

Thanks for pointing out to our facebook page and website. For all those looking for more pictures, videos and info about diving in Loreto, please also check our youtube channel. I have tons of other pics and footage if you guys need more.

For those asking about temperatures and species: currently (Jan 30th), the water is 20ºC. Most people are fine with a 5 mil plus hood, or a 5 mil plus vest or shorty on top/underneath. The temperature might still drop a couple of degrees before March, but It's been stable for a while now. As somebody pointed out, summer and fall are way warmer and water can peak to 28ºC.

Wildlife wise. we normallly see dolphins 80% of the times, but this last month we have been seeing many many dolphins in every single trip. Horn sharks started to show up too (got some good footage of one today) and the whales are around as well.
Visibility is being great at depth (50-70 ft) , and reduced shallow (25 ft approx) due the changing winds. Sea lion colony is almost at full capacity and overall, really enjoyable diving.

For those that visited us this year, it was great to meet you and you will have your home in Loreto at anytime. For those that we haven't met yet, we are looking forward to! I haven't been too active on the forums lately, but I'll try to be around more often now :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom