Diving With Contact Lenses

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

for past 15 years i always dive with contact lenses with no problems. I take them out after a day of diving and use a new pair the next day.

I dive with contacts and haven't had any issues. I did consider getting perscription lenses added to my mask but decided against that - I wouldn't be able to see without my mask on which would be a pain and potentially risky if I lost my mask. Biggest problem I've had diving with contacts - realising half way to the dive site that I still had my glasses on and having to race back home to change :)

I dive with one contact in. Though technically I need correction in both eyes, I have been using monovision for the past couple of years and love it. I can read my guages and see distance clearly. I do not miss out significantly on peripheral vision and do not need guage reader inserts. I do not miss the second contact. I have over 1500 dives on contacts and have never lost one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom