Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pinniped84

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am hoping to dive with the seals on June 15, 2017. I have been in touch with Portsmouth Scuba and they would be willing to take out divers for their seal trip at Duck Island from 9am-3pm. Right now I am the only interested diver and they would need at least two so I wanted to check if anyone else might be interested.

Do you know what the cost for the day is I may be able to join you. Sounds like a fun day.

I would consider that. Are there more details somewhere?

I tried to do this trip last year, but the boat broke down the night before. Nonetheless the shop loaded me up with free air after I completed two dives at Nubble. Keep us posted, I would like to do this before memorial day. Last I checked the coastal water temperature was just above 60. Any idea about the island?

I'll be in Hampton for a week or two around July 4th...this sounds like a cool dive...

+1 for Cape Ann Divers. My avatar shows a baby seal nibbling my fins, and this was while diving with Cape Ann Divers. The Mom-Seal was close, so I wasn't taking any chances of letting baby seal get too close to me.
Also the dive boat captain was a saint helping me with an equipment issue, so I tipped him as well as DM. This was my favorite dive since 1988.

Did you end up going on this dive @pinniped84? This sounds like so much fun. Might have to look into it for this summer .

Just as an update, Cape Ann Divers is now closed, so the only options are the Daybreaker, Down Under, and Portsmouth Scuba (I believe they use Cyntillation Aquatics).

I'm not sure if you're on Instagram, but one local diver has a bunch of shots from his seal dives, his name is ryan_king_uw_photo

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom