Diving with T2 Diabetes - tightly controlled by diet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP, you need not follow those guidelines because they do not apply to you. You are quoting from Table 1. Read the document that Table 1 is part of, or DAN's summary elsewhere on their site, and you'll see it only applies to those taking medications, which you are not.

Point 2: Those are guidelines for your doctor to use as input, not rules for YOU to follow. Your doctor decides on your rules, not DAN.

Point 3: What form is it that your doctor must sign thar requires him/her to adhere to DAN guidelines?

I've read the entire report, and linked to the summary becuase it is an accurate, more concise, recitation of the entire guidelines. I cannot find anything in the entire report that limits Table 1 to diabetics taking medications.

The 6-page RSTC medical clearance direct doctors to the report and the table I linked to. The first third of the table are the guidelines to doctors which direct the doctor to document that I intend to follow the diabetic diving protocol as part of clearing any diabetic for diving.

I wish I could find as clear a statement as you seem to be finding that it does not apply to me.

NancyLynn What do you know about ketones and ketosis? There's something new on the market that is letting me dive again after 5 years of being too ill/weak to even consider it...hoping to be diving on Sunday!!!!!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom