Diving with the Dream

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GrafvanKurt:
My brother-in-law, nephew and myself are diving on the NCL Dream. We shall be in Cozumel, Roatan, Belize, and Cancun.

I dove in Cozumel a couple of years ago in Chankanab National Park, and I was not impressed. So much co, I talked my fellow relative divers, I would not dive back in Cozumel. However, after reading many posts, we have decided to drop Belize from our diving itinerary, and dive Cozumel instead.

Has anyone dove Cozumel in the last few weeks, and if they have who have they dived with? Also with Roatan as well?

Santa Rosa Wall and Paradise Reef

Last year this time, NCL was using Anthony's Key Resort in Roatan. I've also used Aqua Safari in Cozumel through NCL. Both were great operators!

Naturediver, see you in a couple weeks (Nov. 7 - 14)!

GrafvanKurt:
My brother-in-law, nephew and myself are diving on the NCL Dream. We shall be in Cozumel, Roatan, Belize, and Cancun.

I dove in Cozumel a couple of years ago in Chankanab National Park, and I was not impressed. So much co, I talked my fellow relative divers, I would not dive back in Cozumel. However, after reading many posts, we have decided to drop Belize from our diving itinerary, and dive Cozumel instead.

Has anyone dove Cozumel in the last few weeks, and if they have who have they dived with? Also with Roatan as well?

I dove from the NCL Sea which has the same itineary. I would advise not booking Cozumel or Roatan as an excursion. Anthony's Key Resort in Roatan treated us like were were brain dead, but might be fun to dive with independently. Our drift dive in Cozumel was mostly over sand. The Belize dives with Parkey's were top-notch. Book it in advance as it sells out quickly. It is a long tender ride into Belize and difficult to book a dive independently. I don't know why you would chose to dive Cozumel over Belize as the Terneffe Atoll just blew my mind. The sites were dove were unspoiled. We stepped right of the ship into the dive boat. No crushing crowds and beautiful scenery.

Cancun gets cancelled 3/4 of the time so don't count on a day there.

I hope you have a good trip.

NatureDiver:
Hey guys! I'll be on the Dream. That will be my next contract. I sign on to the Dream on the 24th of Oct. and will be there for probably 4 months or so. In Cozumel we use a place called Snorkel Center and Diving. In Belize it's Hugh Parkey's Dive Center. I can't remember Roatan and I haven't been to Cancun yet. I hope to see you guys on the Dream in a few weeks. Take care!

-Colin

Colin,

The Snorkel Center dives really sucked. We had to stop and kneel in the sand several times so Pedro could count us. The area we dove over Paradise Reef is in bad shape. We spent most of the dives drifting over sand. They really pressure you to buy the cd of the dive rather than see that you have a good time on the dive. I can't imagine a worse shop to dive with than The Snorkel Center.

redhatmama:
Colin,

The Snorkel Center dives really sucked. We had to stop and kneel in the sand several times so Pedro could count us. The area we dove over Paradise Reef is in bad shape. We spent most of the dives drifting over sand. They really pressure you to buy the cd of the dive rather than see that you have a good time on the dive. I can't imagine a worse shop to dive with than The Snorkel Center.

Sorry to hear about that experience. I dove with them in Spring and had an excellent time. The dives were so-so but the service was excellent and I've always had good comments from my passengers. Again, sorry for your experience. When was this that you went? Manuel is usually the divemaster onboard the boat, don't know a Pedro. :)

The Dream will be in Belize on Thursday, Jan 20th, and I have alternate scuba lined up with a recommended vendor one block from the tender port but they want 2-3 more people to confirm before they'll take a group out diving. The cost is 109/pp vs 135/pp with the cruise line, not to mention fewer people, and is with Sea2Sports (I believe--email me if you'd like more info).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom