DIY Goodman handle for an light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yup! same thing, that protrusion towards the rear, away from the knuckles. Since the weight of the battery is back there, I assume that's to prevent the handle from wanting to tip back too much. :thumb:

I would think it's to put the weight in the middle of the hand, and also to keep the flashlight from protruding too far out to keep from hitting anything. With the handle tightened properly I can't feel which side is heavier, it's just not that much of a difference to notice.

This is what I've done
View attachment 593933 View attachment 593934

And I can unscrew them from the inside. and adjust them in a pinch.

I wanted to put these kinds of screws on the outside, but they didn't have ones in Inox, and left it like this.
View attachment 593935

I think these would work better than butterfly screws. Less entanglement.

That's nice looking! Can you adjust easily, say underwater?

I'd like to find some low profile wing nuts to stick on the outside so I can adjust on top or under, but it's not really anywhere on my to do list, just an idea. I'd say I'm 95% happy with it the way it is.

Never tried it. it's fidly but I can't see why it wouldn't be possible.

If I were to put the knob screws on the outside, it would be a breeze to adjust them, but I'll keep the allen key ones untill I find good Inox thumb screws.

I get it now, I agree. I think the "Inox" screws (have never heard of that before) would work better, less chance of getting caught on something.

Edit: you even said in your last post at the bottom about entanglement. Again, I 100% agree

I get it now, I agree. I think the "Inox" screws (have never heard of that before) would work better, less chance of getting caught on something.

Edit: you even said in your last post at the bottom about entanglement. Again, I 100% agree

Sorry, marine grade steel, we call it inox (in oxidizable), it's a term for all kinds of stainless steels, but for screws here, it's used from marine steel.

Never tried it. it's fidly but I can't see why it wouldn't be possible.

If I were to put the knob screws on the outside, it would be a breeze to adjust them, but I'll keep the allen key ones untill I find good Inox thumb screws.

Sorry, marine grade steel, we call it inox (in oxidizable), it's a term for all kinds of stainless steels, but for screws here, it's used from marine steel.

These might work? I can't remember the size of the screws I used, but I think M4
https://www.amazon.com/Buorsa-10-Pi..._rd_t=BROWSE&pf_rd_i=16410621#customerReviews

I have a set of those for doubles, they are pretty large for what they are (although I'm not sure how big the others I linked are).

Have you actually tried the others? I could see them getting rusty in salt, but I'm 90% fresh...not sure how long they would last. It would be nice to find them in SS

IMO, those Dive Rite Scalloped look like just the ticket! But what about size, will the fit in the space?

I just get these:
US $10.88 39% OFF|Severe Cold Professional Diving Photographic Flashlight Handheld Handle Scuba Flash Light U type handle Mount|Portable Lighting Accessories| - AliExpress

Note that the aluminum is a minus (I'd prefer steel), but its cheap and machinable. I put a few more holes in mine for adding different lights and snap bolts. Even had the lineup of the holes so that the light pointed right by about 10 degrees (I use it on my left hand, so having it semi-centered is nice).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom