DIY Tank tumbler

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You could also use a set of bicycle training rollers.

And get some exercise at the same time!

Been looking all over for plans to make a tank tumbler and found alot of great info on a gun forum of all places. Who knew a large homemade brass tumbler would probably work perfect to roll tanks , the design anyways might have to tweek the width

How i built my own rotary tumbler - Page 1 - AR15.COM

I wonder how many fellow ARFCOMers lurk here too? (Besides the obvious two with the same user names.)

Very nice. It's about what I have in my mind when I finally get around to building one. I have a garage door opener motor that I'm saving for the purpose, but have a few others to choose from too.

Very nice. It's about what I have in my mind when I finally get around to building one. I have a garage door opener motor that I'm saving for the purpose, but have a few others to choose from too.
You might want to check the duty cycle on the garage door opener.

I made a tumbler in 2010 or thereabouts. This is the mostly completed project. It ended up being a fairly expensive project, that I modeled off of the tumbler that Global was selling at the time. The 80/20 is nice because it offers adjustable widths for the rollers. It works well.
DA7425AD-176E-4BB2-BA6C-06C93AC40D24.jpeg
5A688FF6-0B84-41ED-B839-DD0DC30C7E1A.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom