DIY UV dive light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good info in that link LarsB. Thanks.

Simplest uv dive light I have done is buy a cheap China made 18650 dive light with battery and charger (ebay $15) and buy a 3 watt purple or uv drop-in (ebay $15). You can also use a blue drop-in, but you would need a filter mask. I made mine out of transparent yellow plexiglass.
mwn5MaymMizN_0HFID_Xy4w.jpg
mGejj9ONY5sXyglGJn43ozQ.jpg
mhT_4V7d84rKBm2Fbcu-wow.jpg

princeton tec miniwave ii mod -- a 10mm ultrabright radioshack blue led fits just fine in the holes & thru the reflector with no modding to either. just had to rig a battery pack with a resistor & gator clips. working on getting the the filter mask. this is more for educational purposes & keeps the warranty intact on the light for now.

I went cheap and easy by purchasing an inexpensive ($12.00) 395Nm UV flashlight at the local hardware store. then dissembled it and using a pair of side cutters, dremel and a soldering gun modified the flashlight head to fit into my existing Scubapro NOVA body. Wala an underwater UV light for only an additional $12.00 and I can take the head out and put the LED back in if I want.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom