DIY Very Cheap Hack to Increase Buoyancy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jwafflesauce

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm wondering if anyone has any opinions on this short-term, admittedly poor, solution for increasing buoyancy on my setup. My setup includes two video lights attached to the handles of my tray with ball mounts. I don't have any arms attached and I don't want to purchase any, because of both price and also not needing my lights positioned far from the housing given my needs. There don't seem to be any cheaper options, even DIY, without adding ULCS type arms or Stix arms. I wanted to know if it would work attaching a few of these floats directly to my video lights as a cheap alternative? Besides looking ridiculous, would there be any major issues with these? They float cameras up to 7 oz so the buoyancy/price ratio seems tremendous.

https://www.amazon.com/Nordic-Flash...8&qid=1489970916&sr=8-5&keywords=camera+float

They're made for swimming and snorkelling on the surface so they might float your camera there. I think they'll be pretty much useless at depth. They're made of foam filled neoprene so they'll compress quite a bit.

Nice suggestions; thanks.

Back
Top Bottom