DL7 File Format Documentation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pclark2

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does anyone know where I can find documentation/specifications for the Dan DL7 file format used by several dive logs? While I can reverse engineer it from the files my own computer exports, it would be nice if I could find some sort of official documentation on it.

Back in college I used to do some programming (mainly PHP) for fun, but haven't really had a chance since and am thus FAR outdated with my knowledge and basically need to start learning from scratch. I always prefer to have a project to work on, so figured I would just make my own dive log. Yes, I know there are a ton of great ones already out there, but this is just a fun learning project. Also, I'm always worried they'll shutdown Diviac, my current logbook, since it clearly has been abandoned since PADI bought them.

Thank you!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom