DM crossover question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oceanus:
My understanding was that a DM was a DM, in that a Instructor could use any agency DM (insurance issues aside).

With NAUI that would be the case, but as stated not with PADI. NAUI allows any leadership member from a NAUI-recognized agency to qualify as a certified assistant.

neil:
No it's not. I'll send you a dollar if you can find the reference that says it is. :)

PADI Instructor Manual; Open Water Diver Course; p.2-13 Confined Water Dive 3; Performance Requirement #1, sequence step 6.

Probably, but I took Crowley's comment to mean as part of the Open Water course, not specifically one of the open water dives. It is suggested as part of Open Water Dive 2, Recommended Technique #6...presented as an option to pivot or hover to demonstrate neutral buoyancy.

I did the crossover PADI DM to SSI Dive Conn. They asked me participate in the current Dive Conn classes, especially the AI stuff. Then take the Dive Con exam. They did not charge me and have accepted me. Some of my friends there have asked about going the other way. PADI wants them to repeat and pay for the whole class. The IDC route makes sense to me.

don O

do it easy:
I think Neil was making the distinction between open water skill requirements and confined water skill requirements.

I was, thanks.

Joe-Diver:
Does that mean I don't get the dollar?
Nope. I was even going to put a cool Superhero stamp on the envelope. Aquaman!

Joe-Diver:
Can I have the stamp for trying?:D

aparo_stamp_250.jpg

Back
Top Bottom