DM crossover question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LOL - been just been catching up on this post!!

Yes - I did mean it as part of the "Open Water Diver Course" - where it is a skill required in confined water "to achieve neutral buoyancy by pivoting on the fin tips or, where appropriate, another point of contact (both oral and low pressure inflator methods)". In the open water dives the skill is to "achieve neutral buoyancy using the LPI" or "same same using oral inflation" and you can do either a fin pivot or a hover. Most instructors I know choose to do a fin pivot in the open water as well, since there's a hover on dive 4.

Anyway - nuff said. I'm glad there's plenty of people who know their standards, (I'm a staff instructor, so I have to teach them as well as use them!). Which ties in nicely with the fact that the OP was about crossover and why it's necessary.

plink plink goes my 2 baht!

Cheers peeps, happy safe diving according to whichever standards you were taught! *cheeesy grin*

Back
Top Bottom