DM Equipment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DivingGal,
Although all of the above items are need by a good DM there are 2 that have been forgotten about. These 2 will not only make you a good DM, but a great DM, they are:

Good communication skills and patience (and pink Spandex).
These you can't buy.

Sometimes I'm serious

Don

Don,
Great point. Very well done.

Herb King,
Where did your friend get it, can you give us some more info? I'd like to check it out.

Mario :D

Don - how true, how true on the two items. I do some teaching in the IT field (my other life outside of diving) and it so true there. Another along the same lines, is making sure your thoughts don't show on your face too much. I mean if you are explaining a concept for the nTH time(there's that patience), in a nTH manner (and there's that communication) you don't allow your face to express "well I'm really pissed off at you now" while you explain it. Also, to put some of my students at ease right from the begining I inform them that "there are no dumb questions, just unique ones that are very important to you, so don't be afraid to ask them".

Herb King - I also would be interested in the "giant frisbee". I'm not that great a throwing, but when I've played football frisbee I'm pretty good (if I don't say so my self).

Thanks again for all the advice! :thumb:

.......ya just gotta know where to look. Most beach dives are shallow, but there are quite a few excellent dives a mere surf entry away. Drop me a line & I'll share some with you.

Walter

Mario, check out this site for the "frisbe".
resqdisc@resqdisc.net It has the information on the disc. And I can vouch for the effectiveness of this thing. It really is great.
DSDO Herb

Herb,
Thanks for the link, it looks like a product I will be buying. I'm going to wait until DEMA though, if they have one there I'll just pick one up. The following is an easy link anyone can click on to go straight to the site.

http://www.resqdisc@resqdisc.net/

Mario :D

Diving Gal. I also dive the St.Laurance and have lots of fun when I do. As a DM myself I would like to suggest a Lift Bag and Reel. One of the lift bags with the flag on the side. I have a 50# that works well. I use it for check out down lines and for drift dives which I assume you must do diving the St. Laurance. I also would suggest a 7' hose for the OOA emergencies that you might run into. It is a lot more comfortable sharing air when you are not locked together in a bear hug.
DSAO
Karl

[Edited by o2diver on 01-12-2001 at 09:15 PM]

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom