DM4 Software Doesn't Connect with Dive Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kcprofessor

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Okay, this has probably been discussed before, but I can't understand why the DM4 software says the dive computer is not connected, when it is and the dive computer says it is in data transfer mode. The frustrating thing is that sometimes it connects on the first try and sometimes it takes several tries or sometimes it just won't at all. Today I connected my back-up to the software and it downloaded all of the dives. Tried to reconnect to look at some data on the computer and it was a no-go. What's happening?

Okay, this has probably been discussed before, but I can't understand why the DM4 software says the dive computer is not connected, when it is and the dive computer says it is in data transfer mode. The frustrating thing is that sometimes it connects on the first try and sometimes it takes several tries or sometimes it just won't at all. Today I connected my back-up to the software and it downloaded all of the dives. Tried to reconnect to look at some data on the computer and it was a no-go. What's happening?

Same problem here. When using DM4 on a Windows 8.1 machine it was always connecting after 2-3 attempts. I just upgraded to DM5 and now it does not connect at all. I am giving up on Suunto at this point as their support is also slow as molasses. I guess the solution is Cobalt or Petrel.

Subsurface. Dm is a piece of tripe

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Your comment has a potential for being helpful if you would lay out what software to use and why it solves the issue at hand. Thanks.
SubSurface

there are a lot of messages about it, and a lot of messages about "DM4/DM5 is a piece of ****".
Be curious.

Same thing happened to me. Dm4 worked a little sketchy, once forced to upgrade to dm5 neither viper air or cobra will connect. Spoke several times with tech support, finally got an email saying sorry for the frustration "we will address the problem in the next upgrade".

very dissapointing

Same thing happened to me. Dm4 worked a little sketchy, once forced to upgrade to dm5 neither viper air or cobra will connect. Spoke several times with tech support, finally got an email saying sorry for the frustration "we will address the problem in the next upgrade".

very dissapointing
was the same thing with DM4, not working at beginning.

as an IT guy, i can't understand how they can fail twice.

very dissapointing

Had the same issue when upgrading to DM5 on a Windows 7 64 bit box - after the install, neither DM5 nor Diving Log 5.0 would connect to my Zoop, which had been working fine in both prior. Searched the Suunto site, but no relevant help there. No reply to my help request to customer support either so I started doing some experiments.

What finally worked for me was completely uninstalling the new device driver (version 2.12.???) and enabling an old driver from DM4 that I found on my system (version 2.8.28.0 dated 01/18/2013). Once the newer driver was gone, both DM5 and Diving Log 5.0 immediately found my Zoop on COM3.

SUUNTO REPS: If you're out there reading this, please pay attention and fix the new device drivers!! At minimum, give folks an alternative driver to download like the one noted above or a link to reinstall DM4 - the old link goes straight to DM5 now.

Lance

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom