DM4 Software Doesn't Connect with Dive Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I gave up on DM5. Just couldn't get it to download all dives (measly 17dives on the Vyper), it would get stuck on "dowloading 2%". I have 64bit Business Vista, original Suunto usb cable, and the 2.8.28 driver. And before that I fought with 64bit Win 7 and newer/older & signed/unsigned drivers...... I think I got DM4 to work for a while with 32bit Vista, but then upgraded to 64bit systems, and it was all downhill and headache from there.

Installed Subsurface. Works like a charm.

Okay, so I thought this might be a "Mac thing," but apparently PC/Windows users are having the same problem. I have DM5 for Mac and I cannot get the software to see my Suunto Cobra3. The Suunto shows Data Transfer in the window but the software says there is no device connected. HELP!

Trying Mac-Dive and the support, so far, has been great. Having some issues with the drivers but Nick has been very helpful.

A little FYI..
Just upgraded os from vista 64 to win 8.1 64. And just had to try DM5.... installed it, no luck (Offcours...) installed subsurface, and now that didn't work either! Soo after alot of this and that, i actually had to remove DM5 all together, reboot, then do a clean install of subsurface only to get it to work...
Can't say ot enough, DM causes nothing more than headaches and problems! So now you know, if you are having similar problems..
:)

I'll second the OP.

MacDive works perfectly well for me with my d6i. I don't know WHY it solves the issue at hand, but I switched to that because DM4 = POS.
Fantastic recommendation! MacDive is worth the $25. Worked right away. Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom