Dm4

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

johnl45

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Can't get the program to install in Windows 8. I get this error:

Setup has detected that the publisher of file 'C:\Users\John\AppData\Local\Temp\VSDA613.tmp\GTKSharp\gtk-sharp-2.12.10.win32.msi' cannot be verified.

See the setup log file located at 'C:\Users\John\AppData\Local\Temp\VSDA613.tmp\install.log' for more information.

I got the same problem when I tried to install the program within the last week on Windows Vista.

Last edited:
john,

Are you trying to install DM4 from an old version that you already have, or are you trying to directly download from Suunto.com?

Best Regards,
Chris from Suunto

same problem in France, directly from the installed version.
confirmed by a few users.
Windows Seven x64

same error to install a fresh DM4 on a fresh Windows XP Sp3
so, not working on Seven x64 or XP x32.

the operating system is not faulty !!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
I am having the same issue. I also tried today from a google search of Suunto DM4 which took me to the movescount page, and also from the CD that came with the Zoops I purchased.
I also tried on a Windows * 64 bit, and a Windows 7 32 bit.
I'm not happy at all, and unless I can download the dive from yesterday within the next couple of days onto the DM4 software, I would never even look at another Suunto product again. Just being honest, I complain with my feet and move to the next supplier, and generally never come back. I purchased a product in good faith that it was a downloadable product. If your software won't work then I'll expect some recompense for the fact that I will need to buy another brand of software(Divelog 5.0) to make the product I bought in good faith actually work as advertised.
Chris, where do I send the billl for the 2 copies of Divelog 5.0 I need to purchase?
I bought 2 dive computers (Zoops), and I'll want to download and use them on 2 different computers. I'll require a reimbursement for 2 copies of divelog 5.0.

Yep, same problem here with Windows 7 x64. Also tried with administrator rights ("Run as admin").

Diving computers aren't exactly cheap devices, so you'd think the software would work...

Chris, I've also had this problem. I'm downloading directly from your website. This is a big deal. Not being able to use this software makes me want to not recommend your product.

Today I re-downloaded the file from the movecounts website and correctly installed it on 3 different PC and it installed correctly. There must have been a website issue yesterday.

Hello Everyone,

I apologize for the delay. I have forwarded this issue to the software team. Suunto.com was redesigned and relaunched last week, and there were a couple of issues. I assure you this issue will be corrected very soon, so please just bare with me. I will have a answer for you within the next day.

Best Regards,
Chris from Suunto

---------- Post added May 7th, 2013 at 10:16 AM ----------

Hello Everyone,

This issue was due to expiry of GTK installation certificate on 28th April:

It is my understanding that the issue is now corrected. However, there may be a need to use a workaround:

1. Download GTK installation packet by http://dm4.movescount.com/gtk-sharp-2.12.10.win32.msi link
2) Install the file
3) Run DM4 setup.exe again

Best Regards,
Chris from Suunto

Back
Top Bottom