Dm4

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

the workaround was not working, because no checking is done if GTK already installed.

remember : there are a lot of IT here who know their jobs.

This morning, I was able to install on Windows XP Sp3 x32 and Seven Sp1 x64

Thanks Chris, it finally installed in my computer.

Heard back from Suunto support, they suggested I download the GTK file separately, then redo the DM4 install. Tried that, got an error during the GTK portion. Waited a few days and then for the hell of it tried downloading the setup file again and running it as if it was the first time. This time everything appeared to run and install fine, I rebooted when prompted, it continued to install, and then a splash screen with the Suunto DM4 logo and a picture of a reef showed up...and nothing further. It sits on the screen for as long as I leave it there (well over 30 minutes one time). Task manager shows that it is running, but nothing happens and it doesn't respond to anything. I rebooted and/or ended the task, tried to start the software again and same thing.

Slightly different issue with DM4.
First off although the DM4 installed on windows 8 (around January) I have been having difficult time uploading dives from my Vyper. It would indicate "initializing communication" for about a minute or two (maybe longer) then say download failed. It would take 3 - 4 sometimes 5 tries to get dives to upload.
I did reload DM4 on 5/13, and then dives did upload. Not sure if that was a solution or not.

I hate that DM4 does not have multiple categories to add personal info except in "tags".
And I found that if I tried to delete a tag, the entire dive would disappear. I have found that if I close DM4 and reopen it, the dive reappears.

DM3 had a way to insert a dive manually (one that was not on the dive computer ) there does not appear to be the same capability on DM4. Which brings me to
Lastly, there is no manual, or instruction on use of DM4 anywhere. In Movescount, it does not help working with this program.

Any help here?

DEEPLOU,

I have forwarded your post to the DM4 software team. I will get back to you as soon as I receive a response.

Best Regards,
Chris from Suunto

My wife and I both have Vyper air’s. What software do I use to record both devices separately on one computer. I can’t seem to do it using Windows 7 with 64 and DM4 software even setting up two different Movement accounts? Any help would greatly be appreciated, just send me in the right direction. Real confused....

Hey Chris! Isn't it about time to put DM3.xx back on the Cobra web page. Not everyone cares to publish their logs on the web. Fortunate I was able to go into an old external drive backup and install DM3.

I found DM4 a disappointment after using DM3.xx for 6 years.

Blue sky,

You do not have to use the Moves Count portion of DM4. DM4 can just be used to view your dives.

Best Regards,
Chris

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom