DM5 Software won't install on pc

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

poolecw

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Has anyone ran into a problem when trying to install the DM5 software? I am running Windows 7 and am receiving the following error.

DM5 Error.JPG

DM5 doesn't run well on anything, ever. It is some of the worst software out there. Do yourself a favor and get MacDive, Subsurface, Diving Log, etc. However, Windows 7 reached its mainstream end of life/support in Jan 2015, so might be time for an OS upgrade. Edit: nevermind apparently in May the finally got rid of the free upgrade program. I think the some of those dependencies underwent some major revisions in Windows 10, and may not be backward compatible with Windows 7. None of those are my area of developer expertise, however, so that may or may not be accurate.

Have you tried downloading and installing those packages? I have found the latest version of DM5 to be stable and functional on Win10. Managing the settings works great with my core.

Yes, I have tried downloading those packages, still no luck. I'll give it a try on my work computer this afternoon. It running Windows 7 also, so I'm not gonna hold my breath.

DM5 doesn't run well on anything, ever. It is some of the worst software out there. Do yourself a favor and get MacDive, Subsurface, Diving Log, etc. However, Windows 7 reached its mainstream end of life/support in Jan 2015, so might be time for an OS upgrade. Edit: nevermind apparently in May the finally got rid of the free upgrade program. I think the some of those dependencies underwent some major revisions in Windows 10, and may not be backward compatible with Windows 7. None of those are my area of developer expertise, however, so that may or may not be accurate.

Windows 7 is still supported. I'm still running it on every computer I have. It was Windows XP that MS ended support of in 2015.

I actually dread when MS ends support of Win7. I tried the free Win10 on a couple of my computers and ended up reverting back. It's not that I didn't like it, I did, but the upgrade just did not run well on the computers I did upgrade and would not upgrade my main one at all. The last computer I bought, I actually paid extra to downgrade to Win7.

But back on topic....yeah, DM5 is a POS. Forget it and go with one of the others already mentioned. I personally use Subsurface and love it.

+1 on Subsurface. DM5 is a pain.
Load it > it will simply work, AND you can get support. Support from Suunto is a joke. They have a thread started by Suunto here specifically FOR DM5 and it was abandoned by the moderator almost 2 years ago. He could help very few people.

Check it out: Dm5

Is the Subsurface software just a log book or can you use it to customize the Eon Core?

I believe, IF it's important to customize, then you need DM5. Suggest you spend some time on the Suunto FB page. It's most advertising but that's something else to know.
Suunto Diving

I have a very clear and well described post there about my wife's Vyper. Initially I was contacted by them about these issues. I replied with the info they requested. Last I ever heard. That was months ago.

I'm having the same issue trying to install on Windows 10.

I realize that I'm late to this party, but I wanted to share what I did to get it working on Windows 10:
Downloaded DM5 from Suunto. On first install, I received the same message. Selected Yes and it failed again. Closed all browser windows.
Downloaded the DM5 software again and ran the setup again. This time the error gave different choices. Selected 'Uninstall' and when that completed, the DM5 app started. It has been running since with no issues. FYI - it's in the app list under Suunto.
Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom