Dm5

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Glad I found this thread! Downloaded DM5 last night for my wife and I to use with our 2 new Zoop Novo computers. She downloaded the PC version for her laptop first. Took forever but she didn't have any problems. Downloaded Movescount without any issues. I was actually relieved and thought it was smooth sailing for me. Especially since I am a Mac guy and most installs go smoother and quicker on a Mac.

Well, I think we all know where this is heading... did the install on my Mac. Took a really long time for the software to recognize my computer but it finally popped up. I thought everything was going well. My first few dives were showing up but I noticed the information to the right wasn't all there like my wife's screen. But when I ran my mouse over it, the information then showed up. The main issue is if I click on any icon on the main dive profile graph. Every single time, the program crashes. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. UHG!

Needless to say, the program is useless. And it really surprises me that these smaller developers like MacDive and SubSurface have beEn able to put together a better product than Suunto. As a trail runner, the Suunto Ambit is one of the best GPS running watches out there and the software works great. Unfortunately that's not the case with DM5. And it really worries me that no one from Suunto is following this discussion anymore and we are still experiencing the same problems almost 2 years later.

I'll be deleting DM5 when I get home this evening and buying MacDive or downloading Subsurface. At least the wife is happy with hers. If hers didn't work, I can promise you these computers would be in a box waiting to be returned.

Is it too soon for a newly certified OW diver to upgrade to a Shearwater Perdix? :)

Downloaded DM5 onto my Windows 10 machine. Had problems from the first launch, with the text/boxes missing. Managed to get my Vytech connected; it said there were 496 dives on there, but it only uploaded about 60. None of the panels on the left side work, and all the drop down menus are totally out of sync with the highlight bars. As far as I can tell, this is a piece of junk. Going to Subsurface.

I ended up buying Mac Dive. Got the family license since we have several divers in the house. No problems whatsoever and very easy to use.

Last edited:
I downloaded & installed DM5 on Windows 10 Lenovo Yoga3 Ultrabook, before reading this thread. Everything seems to work OK. The graphics suck, but most of the info I need are there. However, it only downloaded 2017 & 2016 data from my D4. How do I get the rest of data (2013, 2014 & 2015) downloaded into my ultrabook?

How do you really delete dives in DM5?

While importing dives from my Vyper to DM5, the last dive got the wrong depth?
The numbers are correct in the Vyper and when I use SubSurface and Sunto DM3 (way better than DM5!!!!) i get correct numbers.

Since you only soft-delete? dives in DM5 the program refusees to import the dive again.

Only reason I'm using DM5 is because it's fairly easy to transfer dives to Divelogs.de.

<snip>
Only reason I'm using DM5 is because it's fairly easy to transfer dives to Divelogs.de.

Just transfer from Subsurface it is really easy as well.

Just transfer from Subsurface it is really easy as well.

Look at that, super easy! Thanks! Guess that's it for DM5 for me.

But I'm still curious why DM5 think I did a dive to 57,4 meters when it actually was 20,4m.

Perhaps you can export the file and review it and find the glitch.. If subsurface has the dive depth correct??
Sounds like DM5 has another issue.

Yeah, 59.3 meters is a pretty tough dive for those conditions.

It also looks like you surfaced at 38 meters with no deco LOL

Not to mention you exceeded you MOD greatly..

Last edited:
Perhaps you can export the file and review it and find the glitch.. If subsurface has the dive depth correct??
Sounds like DM5 has another issue.

Yeah, 59.3 meters is a pretty tough dive for those conditions.

It also looks like you surfaced at 38 meters with no deco LOL

Not to mention you exceeded you MOD greatly..

Yeah, there's a lot strange things with that dive :) But in Subsurface and even DM3 everything looks fine. I don't think I have the skills to review the file but if Suunto want to look closer at it, I will gladly send it to them.

Well as long as Subsurface has the correct record for the dive you are golden.. Why DM5 added 38 meters to both the bottom and surfacing is just crazy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom