Dm5

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Howdy Divers,

I am a new Suunto owner. Just bought the EON Steel.
I noticed that on high res monitors the elements in the program don't line up correctly and I think I have seen at least one other post like this in this forum so I thought I would share a fix that work for me on Windows 10.

Word doc included
  1. Start the DM5 Software
  2. Right click in the task bar and and open the “Task Manager”
  3. Find the Suunto DM5 application in the list and right click on it and select “Open file location”
  4. You should now be in a folder many levels deep with the SuutoDM5.exe highlighted. Select “Properties” and then select the “Compatability” tab in the Properties dialog. Depending on your version of Windows you might see different things here. For the Newest Windows 10 update as of (7/17/2017) I have a checkbox for “Override High DPI scaling behavior”. I checked this box and selected “System” in the dropdown. Older Windows version have a checkbox for “Disable display scaling on high DPI settings”. I don’t have a system to try this out and see if this checkbox will work. I suspect NO, for the reason that I believe checkng this is equivilant to checking the “Override High DPI scaling” and choosing “Application” in the dropdown which did not work for me. Its its also possible that the older Windows with high resolution monitors doesn’t have the same issue that the newest update does.

Hope that works for anyone with this issue.

I do have another issue I am working through. On my notebook computer when I connected the EON Steel it sync and downloaded the dives automatically and didn't take much time. I would also like to use my desktop at home, but when I connected the dive computer to this machine it took a REALLY long time for the "sync" to work. I see the settings from the dive computer as well as counts of number of dives and serial number, BUT it doesn't have any of my dives. They did not download of the dive computer. Has anyone used the DM5 on more than one machine? Will the dive computer export dives to any making its connected too or will it only export once and I have to then export the dives from DM5 on one PC and import it on the other.

thanks!

Attachments

• IssueDM5-highres-windows.docx
    42.6 KB · Views: 151
Hi,
I have surface pro 4 with windows 10 and I've tried several time to install DM5 but the recurring message is "missing GTk#". I have tried to install the mono 32 and the net version following suunto link but no way, It's still stuck in missing framework GTK#.
Any idea how to work around?
Thanks

Interesting to read through this thread after the problems I'm having downloading from my Vyper.

The irony of the situation is that I was trying to use DM5 to download my dives so I could export and put them into Divelog 6.0. I could not download a complete set and I was also having problems with depth profiles being offset by about 20-30 meters....

Then I tried downloading directly into Divelog 6.0 - worked perfectly first time! Wish I'd just tried that from word go!

The outcome of all this - I've been considering buying a Shearwater for a couple of years. Well especially with the Perdix having Bluetooth, I've decided that it's got to be done. The Vyper will still get used, but only as my secondary!

Took awhile but after uninstalling the program and all drivers rebooting, reinstalling everything, rebooting again it finally connected. kind of a pita

For those of you using different software what do you prefer. how often do you use the mobile part vs desktop. My main computer is a mac and my phone is android. it seems i cant have one of each. dive log is pc and android while mac dive is apple and ios .

Last edited:
Look at that, super easy! Thanks! Guess that's it for DM5 for me.

But I'm still curious why DM5 think I did a dive to 57,4 meters when it actually was 20,4m.

I've had the exact same issues. Downloaded my dives from my Vyper, and the depths on 2 dives are way wrong. In the actual dive log in the Vyper computer, they are correct. Just way off in the DM5. Frustrating. What other divelog software does everyone suggest?

I've completely abandoned DM5 and started using Subsurface exclusively. For me, it's easier to use than DM5 and gives you more information about your dives.

ARGH! DM5 is REALLY REALLY poor!
Wife just tried to download last night's dive. Failed x3.
Getting WELL into being seriously frustrated with the computer and beyond frustrated with DM5.

Interesting to read through this thread after the problems I'm having downloading from my Vyper.

The irony of the situation is that I was trying to use DM5 to download my dives so I could export and put them into Divelog 6.0. I could not download a complete set and I was also having problems with depth profiles being offset by about 20-30 meters....

Then I tried downloading directly into Divelog 6.0 - worked perfectly first time! Wish I'd just tried that from word go!

The outcome of all this - I've been considering buying a Shearwater for a couple of years. Well especially with the Perdix having Bluetooth, I've decided that it's got to be done. The Vyper will still get used, but only as my secondary!
A bit OT. Curious how a Vyper would work as a backup to a Perdix. Wouldn’t it limit the NDL’s since it is quite a bit more conservative?

ARGH! DM5 is REALLY REALLY poor!
Wife just tried to download last night's dive. Failed x3.
Getting WELL into being seriously frustrated with the computer and beyond frustrated with DM5.
Yeah, DM5 really does suck. Like I said, Subsurface is much better.

Which computer do you have that you are frustrated with? I have the Vyper Novo AI wrist computer and my wife has the Zoop wrist computer and we have no problems with either (at least, so far.) I also have a Cobra console mounted as a back up.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom