Dm5

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok, so I download Subsurface and open up the app, all excited to upload my dive log from my wrist computer and wouldn’t you know? It doesn’t give me USB connection as an option to upload the info from the computer... I am reaching my breaking point with this nonsense...
You must be overlooking something because USB cable is the only way to download from a Suunto. Plug your download cable into your desktop or laptop, connect the DC, then click Import/Import from Dive Computer and the download window should come up.

Good luck. Let us know if you have any other problems. I'm not very familiar with Macs but maybe someone else in the thread is and can help you out better. I have no idea if the Mac version is functionally different than the Windows version.

Cool. Glad you found one that works for you.

Hello, DM5 crashes on MAC OS High Sierra 10.13.6 with Sunnto DX.unable to connect or to find the computer and after fox moment of wait , clicks, then it crashes.
any idea ?

@DanC05

Glad you found a solution with Mac Dive (which I use)

To be fair I've found that the Mac can be a PITA for computer connectivity. I've had similar issues with my Eon and before that Cressi, but they've connected fine on my Windows PC

With the Perdix unless you have the latest flavour of bluetooth on your machines it won't connect either.

If only I could get Mac dive to work on my PC so I have multiple places to downloads and link my dives to I'd be happy

To follow up on what KenGordon said...

Some Suunto computers do go into download mode automatically when the cable is connected to it and the desktop or laptop while some have to be done manually. I don't know which way the Vyper 2 is set up, but if it doesn't go into transfer mode automatically, you'll need to do it via the menu on the computer. Consult your owner's manual for instruction on how to do this. If you don't have the manual, you should be able to google it and download it.

Second piece of advice, and this is very important, dump DM5 immediately and go to some other digital dive log such as Subsurface, Divelog, or any number of 3rd party dive logging software. You'll save yourself loads of frustration and angst.

YOU BETCHA!!!!!!

Suunto DM5 is as useful as a canoe in the Sahara.

PURE GARBAGE!!

Okay I realize that this thread goes back several years, but it appears that people still play in here so I have a question.

I am new to Mac and have just tried to download DM5 for my D4I Novo computer.........however it won't download? Well it downloaded, but it won't allow me to launch it?

Suunto DM5 Problem.jpg

Is there something obvious I am missing?

I looked in the App store, but there isn't one?

Thanks for any and all help.

John

Okay so I have spent the last 7 hours trying to get this bleeping thing to work, and all I get on my D4i Novo is "Data Transfer" yet nothing happens??

This is a new computer with the supplied Suunto USB cable?

I figured screw it, I will give Subsurface a shot..........ya that doesn't work either?

How can things in this day and age of computers be that difficult to work?

Time to delete all this crap off my Mac, and just skip the dive logs. LOL......

I have the Vyper Novo and it uses a similar cable if not the same. The issue is in the cable, even though the computer displays Data Transfer. The data does not transfer until you start seeing a line running under the words Data Transfer. My cable went bad after less than year, ended up buying an after market one that was cheaper and better built. Before you give up completely try inserting the cable a few times, each time wait a few seconds with the cable inserted before trying again because there is a slight pause when it starts to down load. I am assuming you are turning the cable clock wise after you insert it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom