Do any other brands use the same algorithm as Shearwater

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you are an active person who runs, hikes, and/or cycles, the Garmin Descent Mk1 makes a good backup to a Shearwater. It is a fully functional sports watch (tracks steps, HR, sleep, activities) as well as a fully functional dive computer for rec or tec diving. It is also a smart watch that you can wear 24x7.

I should clarify that I'm looking for a backup computer not a replacement.

I'd echo @outofofficebrb and say get a $250-ish oceanic w/ DSAT, unless you're going for planned decompression dives. (And if you are, you'll have your plan written down on a slate so anything w/ gauge mode should do.)

I'd echo @outofofficebrb and say get a $250-ish oceanic w/ DSAT, unless you're going for planned decompression dives. (And if you are, you'll have your plan written down on a slate so anything w/ gauge mode should do.)

You can get the Geo 2 from Oceanic for $249 right now which is a great deal. You can also check ebay or here for used Veos, Geos. You can also look into the older OCi, OCL, OC1s. Some used OC1 and OCLs are going for around the same price point as a new Geo 2; OCi's will be significantly more due to air integration capabilities and it being a current model.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom