Do any Tec-Rec (or light deco) divers use GTR?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

To me, you are either a technical diver or a recreational diver, and if you are doing 15 minutes of deco (more than is allowed with a PADI Tec 40 certification), then you are either a trained technical diver or a recreational diver pretending to be a technical diver. The difference is very much related to the topic of this thread. ....

I probably should have just isolated Q4 and put 1-3 together.

@boulderjohn @Diving Dubai re the sole Tec-Rec definition discussion in this thread; It's a very useful and informative discussion you guys are having and I think the topic deserves it's own OP in the advanced section. This thread is about that crowd and if they use GTR at all.

@DanielRJones @rongoodman if you could please post your comments (and vote, yes - voting no is welcomed!) in this Poll as others would benefit from reading it . Here's the link: Poll: GTR to include stops when one gas is active/on for Shearwater’s AI Teric & Perdix computers? (and @boulderjohn @Diving Dubai your input would in that topic would also be welcomed)

Why do you keep trying to press this issue? In the other thread (of what, 4 you've started about this?) It's clear that almost double the amount of people disagree with your desire to get Shearwater to screw with their perfectly acceptable implementation of GTR.

We get it, you don't like the way Shearwater does it. Oh well, either buy a Shearwater product and deal with it, or buy a computer that functions the way you want.

Just because you yell the loudest and most often, doesn't mean you're right. We understood your position with the first thread you started, do you really need to keep starting threads rehashing the same reasoning why the majority of people disagree with you?

Why do you keep trying to press this issue? In the other thread (of what, 4 you've started about this?)

Read my reply above in that regard and if you still have an issue with that complain to a Mod.

As for the rest of your post, you commented in one thread, and you didn't even bother to read that thread clearly then decided to berate me about what you thought I was saying.

Vote in the Poll thread and have your say there - preferably politely if you can.

How on earth do you know the majority of people disagree with me prior to the poll? It's a giant assumption.

Why do you keep trying to press this issue? In the other thread (of what, 4 you've started about this?) It's clear that almost double the amount of people disagree with your desire to get Shearwater to screw with their perfectly acceptable implementation of GTR.

We get it, you don't like the way Shearwater does it. Oh well, either buy a Shearwater product and deal with it, or buy a computer that functions the way you want.

Just because you yell the loudest and most often, doesn't mean you're right. We understood your position with the first thread you started, do you really need to keep starting threads rehashing the same reasoning why the majority of people disagree with you?

Plus, reading the SW post about this topic, their test implementation created significant confusion and erroneous GTR when using multiple gases. Including this function for single gas dives just encourages people to not plan an actual deco dive, which this whole tec-rec (light deco) nonsense is perpetuating.

Including this function for single gas dives just encourages people to not plan an actual deco dive, .

If you could express it in the relevant thread: Poll: GTR to include stops when one gas is active/on for Shearwater’s AI Teric & Perdix computers?

which this whole tec-rec (light deco) nonsense is perpetuating.

From a Rec p.o.v. it's intriguing from a knowledge perspective, but this OP isn't about that - but it does deserve it's own OP IMO (I don't recall seeing one about it).

Sorry. You’re using the PADI Termanology between Rec and Tec. It’s a big world out there with many other respected agencies. Not all have the hard distinguishing line between Tec and Rec, or indeed believe in labels

BSAC for instance teach Deco as part of their second tier cert (rescue in PADI) It’s standard training. BSAC don’t use the term technical until you start trimix and or CCR

So in the BSAC world, I’ m Rec diver qualified for deco (and because of further training), accelerated deco

I do not disagree with the remainder of your post however
So are you saying that BSAC teaches decompression diving without redundant gas supplies?

So are you saying that BSAC teaches decompression diving without redundant gas supplies?
BSAC teach that every dive is a decompression dive, some require mandatory stops whilst other don’t. In both cases a risk assessment is required that includes the gas required in an OOG situation. BSAC do not mandate how the gas is carried or the size and configuration of cylinder(s).

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom