Do I really need a note from my doctor?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Glad you replied first, because we did the same, same year and we did fill out questionnaires (one each) and we did not take any classes. I thought we also were alerted that we need a current, doctor's signed fit to dive certificate.
So your reply had me puzzled.
Having read a couple more times, I came to remember that we, at the time, were mulling over taking a class and that's probably why.

We ended up ditching the plans for a class when we knew what was available and that pricing is "full" like in the US, except you also get to expense your already paid for fun LOB dives on the class...

So anyway, while I cannot be sure, it may very well have bern that w/o plans for a class Aggresor was not asking for a med
questionnaire for Egypt in 2016.

Addendum / edit (could not figure out how to insert a quote under edit):
That's it. Hoag's quote below. That's exactly what we were asked to do by Aggressor in 2016.
"A medical certificate not older than one year required."

Glad you replied first, because we did the same, same year and we did fill out questionnaires (one each) and we did not take any classes. I thought we also were alerted that we need a current, doctor's signed fit to dive certificate.
So your reply had me puzzled.
Having read a couple more times, I came to remember that we, at the time, were mulling over taking a class and that's probably why.

We ended up ditching the plans for a class when we knew what was available and that pricing is "full" like in the US, except you also get to expense your already paid for fun LOB dives on the class...

So anyway, while I cannot be sure, it may very well have bern that w/o plans for a class Aggresor was not asking for a med
questionnaire for Egypt in 2016.
I am absolutely certain I did not need a medical certificate for the Red Sea or any of the other liveaboards. I am going on another Aggressor this November, no medical certificate.

I'm booked on the Red Sea Agressor I for next March, and their site mentions that the medical form is a new requirement by the Egyptian government. They said the RSTC form is suitable.

What is an RSTC form?

I see the obvious post now at the beginning of the "Know before you go" document. Looks like this policy began July 26, 2018. Appears to apply only to Red Sea Aggressor I and II.

3) New Required Diving Medical: The Government of Egypt has recently begun enforcing regulations that requires all dive operations to obtain (certified and non-certified) a Diving Medical History form before allowing anybody to participate in recreational diving activities. The universal RSTC Medical History Questionnaire is acceptable . If you answer YES to any of the questions, you will need to visit with your local medical professional for an examination and obtain their approval (via their signature) before participating in recreational diving. A positive reason simply means that there is a preexisting condition that may affect your safety while diving and you must seek the advice and approval of a medical professional before engaging in diving activities. PLEASE BRING A COMPLETED COPY OF THIS FORM WITH YOU TO THE YACHT. In some countries, divers are required to have a medical exam every year. If you already have a signed medical for recreational diving (that may use a different form), dated less than 12 months from the date of your upcoming trip, then that will be acceptable as well. If you do not bring a completed copy of this form with you to the yacht, you will be required to complete it onboard. However, be advised, that there are no medical facilities available nearby that can provide a medical consultation if needed. We strongly recommend that everyone take a moment to review and complete this form now - before your travels.
The link will be emailed to you 60 days prior to departure or, you can print it by going to www.aggressor.com/RSTCMedical.pdf
7/26/2018 Information subject to change without notice

Good to know. As an addendum, Australian liveaboards also requires a proper medical clearance regardless of circumstances.

I have actualy seen it on a number of trips.
As long as you don't have to answer 'Yes' to one of the questions, you are fine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom