Do I really need a note from my doctor?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I booked 2 back to back LOBs for Red Sea in late Sept with Blue Planet liveaboards. No such requirement, and yes, both were booked through PADI Travel. I’ve booked many others through them (Philippines, a few in Indonesia) and this is the first I’ve seen it; in my experience, none have had this information or requirement.

I booked 2 back to back LOBs for Red Sea in late Sept with Blue Planet liveaboards. No such requirement, and yes, both were booked through PADI Travel. I’ve booked many others through them (Philippines, a few in Indonesia) and this is the first I’ve seen it; in my experience, none have had this information or requirement.
This topic is interesting.

I claim about a year ago (I could be very wrong) there was a thread about FLA dive operators (ab)using the WRSTC training class medical form as a standard "dive with us" release form. The heated topic focused on HIPA and medical privacy stuff.

Anyone have a quick link to that?

I am 72 and get a yearly physical now. Getting a statement if needed is easy. Why not go on a trip just because they request a physical. If a physical were any effort, say I had a health issue come up and I would have to doctor shop to get one, then I would take that as a message and retake up one of the hobbies I gave up when I took up diving. I want to watch my grandson grow up and there is a life to live.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom