Do not feed the SEALS!!!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They didnt go into alot of details but just a reminder no matter how fun they are to play with Wild means Wild!!!!!

As stated in the article, the seal was lying on the beach. Maybe she got between the seal and the waters edge... and that's what a seal dislikes.

Wondering what kind of help she offered... :11: Maybe the animal was just relaxing and hated to be interrupted
while doing so :05: I would have bitten off me too :14:

The seal was just defending itself. If feel sorry for her but she should have known better.

jiveturkey:
... If feel sorry for her but she should have known better.

I agree. HELLO PEOPLE!!! These are wild animals... this ain't a petting zoo.

If you think an animal is injured or needs help, call people that know better. They know how to handle them and have access to tranquilizers if needed. A lot of times sea lions and other sea mammals choose to be on the beach and are more than capable of getting back to the water on their own.

How the hell did she get bitten in the nose anyway.. :06:

Ah, just another lesson learned not to stick your nose in somebody elses business :05:

Seals strand themselves on our beaches regularly at low tide to rest. Tourists on the beach happen upon the cute beached seal and attempt to help it back into the water; BIG MISTAKE they will defend themselves! And, All marine animals are protected under the federal Marine Mammal Protection Act. It is illegal for unauthorized individuals to touch, disturb, feed or otherwise harass beached animals. Protects tourists as well as seals!

Here's a link with more info:

http://www.capecodstranding.net/site/c.ciJJLVPDKpG/b.959905/k.C68F/Report_a_Stranding.htm

Rap

BigWhiteSquare:
A lonely woman...

A lonely seal...

Two ships passing in the night...

Ah well. C'est l'amour.

___

Que sera, Sera :14:.

Back
Top Bottom